Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Notre Dame





Today I decided to do a page on when we visited Notre Dame Cathedral at Christmas. I used my pack of lovely European papers, this paper had the design of the round stained glass window so I matted that onto some black. I also cut up a sheet that had borders, the border along the bottom is of the statues around the front of the cathedral. I cut out the title on my Jasmine cartridge. I cut out the green flower from my Storybook cartridge and this also reminded me of the stained glass window. I added a bell charm to this. I also cut out some flowers of different sizes from my Flower Shoppe cartridge out of music paper. For some reason I think of the cathedral and the big organ and all the music in the cathedral so after cutting them out I inked around the edges in brown ink to give it an aged look and curled them up slightly and put 3D squares in between each layer. I added a copper brad to that. To finish a believe metal washer.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page honey, what a great Christmas Day memory to be at Notre Dame Cathedral together! Love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely page Lindsey you have really captured the feel of the cathedral in these photo's and with the embellishments you have used the little bell you've added adds a lovely touch to this very special page. xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful page and I love your embellishments, Lesley

    ReplyDelete