Friday, March 30, 2012
Felt flowers
This is a card I made yesterday, I've got 2 people I could send it to but for now I'll put it aside in my cards box. I saw a great video on how to make felt flowers so I thought I would give it a try. I've made paper roses before on my Cricut but since it won't cut felt I've been wondering how you do it by hand so these are cut with pinking shears and going around and around in a circle, like with a minties wrapper. Then it's just rolled up and some hot glue on the end tucked underneath. I used some beads from my jewellery making for the centres. I am pretty happy with how they turned out : ). So I used a black card and then some vintage looking paper on top and I stamped the bird and the sentiment. I used my Walk in my Garden cartridge to cut out the leaves. Then I pleated my own ribbon using hot glue in between each fold and finished with a brown cord bow. I do like this card, I will have to figure out a way to package it as it won't go in an envelope with the roses but they turned out nice : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This si so clever Lindsey, can I steal your idea and can you send me instructions how to make the flowers they're gorgeous, such a beautiful card , your creativity has no limits . well done mom xxx
ReplyDelete