Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Greg's birthday card

I am just so happy with this card I made for Greg's birthday. I made this tonight whilst Greg was working. Greg is such a good hubby, he's helping me so much during the day with everything and the dog walking that he has to make up a little work time at night but that's ok because I can go in my craft room/Greg's office and be there with him. I was asking him not to look though as this will be a surprise for him in May. I cut the card from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2, I like the scalloped edge. I matted on red and ran it through the Cuttlebug dots folder. I cut out mats in navy blue and then some baseball paper as well as more red with the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder. I knew I wanted to make Greg a baseball themed card but couldn't find what I wanted, so I went searching and found a great website Sweet n Sassy Stamps which has both clear stamps and digital stamps. I'm new to the world of digital stamps but I found this very cute Cocoa mouse digital stamp for $3 so I got that, downloaded it and printed it out and coloured him in.I used my markers, some grey chalk for his face and some glitter pen along the baseball stitching. I also was looking for the perfect sentiment, I didn't have one in either my rubber stamps or Cricut so I found this husband set which had about 6 digital stamps in it for $1.99 from My Cutting Cafe. So I printed that out, cut it out and then added a scalloped navy blue circle underneath, a red star cut from George and Basic Shapes and the tiniest white heart button I've ever seen lol. I wound around some red and white twine and used 3D squares for both Cocoa mouse and the sentiment. I really wish it was Greg's b'day now so I could give it to him but for now : ). I've also decided to enter this card in a challenge over at Paper Playtime for challenge #70 - For the Guys include a sentiment, have a look here:

http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/2012/03/ch-70-for-guys-include-sentiment.html



3 comments:

  1. That is a very good male card and a great colour choice, he will love that,Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really excelled with this card Lindsey it's really lovely and the love you have put into it shows, I love the sentiment and glitter edge to the baseball,Greg will love this card, I think you have an excellent chance of winning in the competetion well done xxxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute!!
    Thanks so much for playing along @ Paper Playtime!

    ReplyDelete