Saturday, March 29, 2014

stenciled card

Hello Happy Friday, I am looking forward to my weekend with Greg, but first I have some dogs to walk and go tot the gym and Greg and I are treating ourselves to a massage later as we've been working hard at the gym and we haven't had one in ages!

I had this card sitting on my desk for about a week, I used a sheet of lime green cardstock for another project and I made what was left into a 5" square card from my Art Philosophy cartridge. So today I had a bit of time this morning before I leave for the dogs and I thought i would try out something new I learned from some other blogs I follow. I cut a patterned green layer then on the CCR and my Edge to Edge cartridge I cut out this very nice overlay with flowers at 3.5". Normally you could just use the overlay on it's own and it looks lovely but I decided to make mine into a stencil. So I taped it lightly onto some more white cardstock and then used my distress inks in 3 colors -peeled paint, wild honey, and faded jeans  . I used a make up sponge to sponge all over the stencil. I took the stencil off and voila a really pretty background. I showed it to Greg and he was wowed! I then used Artiste to cut out the banner at 1" and I used the matching stamp and the same green distress ink to stamp the sentiment. I cut a butterfly out of a scrap using Artiste at 1.5". I kept the stencil I made as it looks lovely as well so waste not want not I will use that on a card as well in the future. Thanks for looking have a nice weekend.


4 comments:

  1. lovely card, very pretty and creative! love hubby! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lindsey so beautiful and elegant and so pretty someone very special deserves to receive this.Excellent xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty well thought out card, I loved it, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It's gorgeous! Excellent job! <3Kimberly

    ReplyDelete