Thursday, March 20, 2014

Another treat box for Greg


Hello another treat box I made last night for Greg, I saw a video on YouTube on these "sour cream" containers and I saw one that looked like a carrot for Easter to I thought I would try it to put the rest of the mini white chocolates Easter eggs in for Greg. It was very easy to do and looks very cute.

Recipe:

6 x 6 sheet of American crafts spotted card (I didn't have any plain orange but I actually like the orange and dot paper better) - this was cut down to size I will put the link to the project at the end for the measurements.
Brown scallop- Art Philosophy cartridge cut at 2"
Spotted flower - Art Philosophy cartridge cut at 1.75"
Pink circle - same cartridge cut at 1.5"
Stamp - Verve stamps

The stem on the carrot is just a scrap of green card and I got my scissors and cut "fringes" then rolled it up and then stapled the entire scalloped circles together and used strong tape to tape it onto the carrot. I didn't have a crimping tool to crimp the ends but I just used strong tape and it was fine. I think my carrot will look cute sitting next to my bunny treat box.

Thanks for looking

Link: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/sour_cream_container/



2 comments:

  1. I can remember making that shape years ago and cover the cardboard in material and we called them humbugs, makes a good gift, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's very clever Lindsey and looks just like a carrot greg will be thrilled love it mom xxx

    ReplyDelete