
Hello I had some time today after I'd been out dog walking and then finished my housework and I decided my reward was to try out some new things I've learned recently on a card for my beloved : ). This was really just a test of the things I've learned but I'm actually quite proud of it and Greg will love it I'm sure. I am always keen to try out and learn new things as I don't want to keep doing the same things over and over so I was having fun doing this little card. The first thing I tried out was making my own background using a sentiment stamp and I liked how this turned out. The second thing is called emboss resist with distress inks. So I used a heart background stamp I got for $1 ages ago at Michaels and stamped this with Versamark ink. I then put white embossing powder over the top and heat set it with the heat gun. I then used distress inks, I am starting to collect these when I see them on clearance as I love them, so far I only have 2 but I have 3 more mini ones coming in the mail. So I used a makeup sponge and dabbed it on the ink pad (I used a separate one for each color) and then rubbed each color across where I stamped, I sort of mixed the colors too and it made the hearts really stand out, I really love how it looks. I then used my Cricut to cut out the hearts. I put the large one straight on the card but put the smaller one on 3D dots to pop it up. I finished it with some ribbon. You can do a lot with distress inks including using water mixed with them. I just need to get a little misting bottle on the weekend to try. Hope you like it, thanks for looking.
I can see you have used a lot of techniques and they blend lovely together, Lesley
ReplyDeleteso much effort and work has gone into making this beautiful card Lindsey the different techniques you've used are very creative and interesting xxx mom xxx
ReplyDelete