Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Easter card using watercolor pencils

Hello, I have a card that i finished last night, this one is another Easter one but I thought I would try out my watercolor pencils again as they do take a bit of practice but I like how this turned out. I love the saying on this card too it's funny and cute.

Recipe:

Blue square card - made from a scrap of DCWV cardstock in my stash - 5 x 5 inches
olive green border - scrap then embossed in a Cuttlebug floral border embossing folder
Yellow mat - scrap again and embossed in a Cuttlebug floral embossing folder
Green sparkly tape ribbon - Recollections
Stamps - Jillybean Soup both image and sentiment stamped on watercolor paper and coloured in with Inktense pencils and a paintbrush dipped in water.
I also coloured in the egg shell with a glitter gel pen.

Thanks for looking today : )

5 comments:

  1. The three chicks are so cute, well done, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute card, nice job on the water colors! love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cute card! I see it worked with the watercolor pens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job! Those little chicks are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "chicks rule" Lindsey the watercolour pencils look really soft and the gliter gel adds a nice sparkly touch xxx momxxx

    ReplyDelete