Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dunnottar Castle

I finally got around to doing some scrapbooking today, been a bit busy this week! I scrapped our photos of Dunnottar Castle in Scotland. A beautiful ruins of a castle, one of our favourites on the trip and we went on my birthday which was even more special. I used neutral coloured cardstock and some plaid papers. My lovely husband found the green tartan one the other day when he had to go out, so sweet of him, it's perfect for this page. I was so happy as I got to use my Cricut Design Studio for the title from my "Storybook" catridge. I "welded" meaning I joined all the letters together (which would normally cut each letter separate on the Cricut but we design studio you can join them). I also joined 3 lovely flourishes for the bottom which reminded me a lot of castles and the medieval theme. I did my journalling on the computer and center pointed it on my Cricut to get the shape. I had some green photo corners in my stash and a nice little saying tag "Loving life is living life"..so true for us as we are enjoying our time together to the max and this holiday was one of the best!







6 comments:

  1. The cut printing is so perfect Lindsey and looks great all joined together.Two lovely thought out pages.Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gita
    I live in Chicago but I'm Australian born! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gita, yes the Storybook one is a great cartridge and it has lots of labels too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lesley, it was definitely fun working with the designstudio

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats so good Lindsey I love the lettering it all looks so professional and very interesting well done xxxx mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete