I started this card over a week ago and finished it today. I have seen all the lovely beaded hat pins in projects lately and I did buy some special ones and then I realised that I can make them myself. I tried to use normal earring pins but they bent too easily so I got some corsage pins and they are perfect. I have lots and lots of beads that I use for my jewellery making so I have made this pin and quite a few with some pretty beads. The card is in lilac and matted with navy blue. I got some hot pink and put it through my dotty embossing folder on the Cuttlebug. I then used my "Sweet treats" catridge to cut out the lovely little cake and my "Stamping" cartridge to cut out wish in a shadow. I had some co-ordinating ribbon to match to tie around the card and then put my pin through that. I decorated the card with gemstones and some flower stickers. This is going to be for my friend Claudy for her birthday in September, I know she'll love this as she does all of my cards. I'm really pleased with how this turned out! : )
That is different with the hat pin idea, lovely card Lindsey, your friend will love it, lesley
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely card Lindsey and a very clever idea using the jewelry pieces to decorate it Claudy will ove it xxxmom xxx
ReplyDelete