Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Wheelie Love you!

I made this card for Greg today for our anniversary coming up in October. I saw the idea of a "stepped" card in my scrapbooks etc magazine I get each month and decided it was perfect for my Greg! I cut the card out at 5.5 inches x 12 inches and then scored lines going down the card to make it into an accordian fold. I then used different papers to decorate each fold. I used my Cricut "Sweethearts" cartridge to cut out the girl on the bike (me!) and also the label. I printed "I Wheelie love you" on the computer and cut it into the label shape to layer onto the black label. I then had a "with all my heart" in my stash that was cut from a 12 x 12 sheet of paper which I layered onto a scalloped circle using my Cricut "Accent Essentials". I then went back to "Sweethearts" and cut out the flower and also the tag which is hidden in the card, it gets pulled out by the ribbon. I am so happy with how this turned out and Greg is going to be so surprised, I wish I could give it to him sooner but I'll give the card to him when we're on holiday in Mexico on our anniversary.




7 comments:

  1. Lindsey that is very unusual and I like the idea of the step up card, well done Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Lindsey I love the idea of the "step up" so creative Greg will love it well done mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic card Lindsey how long did it take you to make it dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lesley and Mom, I absolutely love this card, I love the girl on the scooter!
    Dad - I started it yesterday morning and finished it late yesterday (in between doing other stuff) so not long, it's actually not hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! I love the fun sentiment. (I always enjoy a good play on words.) Great job! Happy anniversary next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kate, I've just had a look at your blog, some beautiful creations there, I'll add myself as a follower : )

    ReplyDelete