Friday, July 22, 2011

Easel Christmas card

I have been busy today, it's really hot outside and we've taken this week off the gym to give ourselves a rest so my free time has been spent doing some really nice cards. Next week I'll be back into the Scotland scrapbooking. This is my favourite and it's a new style of card I learned..an easel card. I found it on Jennifer's blog..thanks Jennifer for the idea! Her blog is:
http://creativecricutdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/10/christmas-easel-card.html

I was a bit scared at first but I'm really proud that I got it right yay! It starts off with a piece of card that you score in 2 separate places and fold. Then you get a scrap piece of card, it has to be thick card so I glued 2 pieces together to make it thick. Then here is the really good part, you go into your kitchen and get the aluminium foil, tear a sheet off to fit and glue that to the card. Once that is done I put it in my Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the snowflake design, who would have though foil could look so cute and Christmassy! : ). I then decorated that using my Cricut "Joys of the Season" cartridge to cut out the little tree. I put the snow at the bottom of my tree through my Xyron and put glitter on it (a technique I saw on the HSN shopping channel this morning, they had a scrapbook and cards event, I didn't buy anything, I'm good I just learned some new things!). I then decorated the tree with gemstones and put it on 3d blocks onto the card. I tied some red and white dotty ribbon around the card and glued it onto one part of the card so when it stands up it's an easel! I then stamped "Merry Christmas" onto some green and red which were scraps cut into a rectangle and glued on so when it stands up you can see the sentiment under the tree. I decorated that with a little prima flower and brad. I am so happy with this, I've so enjoyed making it.




6 comments:

  1. Wow Lindsey I love it, I love those folded ones, you will have all your Christmas cards finished when I am just thinking what to do, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic honey a very clever idea and very well executed!! Love hubby xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. another new way of making cards I love this. the foil makes the whole card look so professional and very chrismassy. I'd love to get this card ( hint hint) L.O.L. well done Lindsey xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute girl ! i love the shimmer paper !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card, great job on the embossing, thanks so much for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. Thanks for joining us over at the CCC!

    ReplyDelete