Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My birthday

I decided to do my birthday photos from Scotland next. I haven't done any birthday ones for ages and I was looking forward to doing these as I had such a fabulous birthday given by my lovely husband in Scotland. I love the bright colours I could use on these pages too. I had a really nice birthday pad of papers and die cuts etc so I thought they were perfect. I used my "Cricut Storybook" cartridge to cut the patterned paper into the flower shape and basically used lots of the embellishments from the pack on the 2 pages. I did cut the banner though out of my "Cricut Straight from the nest" cartridge which I have been dying to do for ages and a birthday was the perfect chance to do it. I found a really cute journalling block in the pack but as I'm not keen on handwriting on my layouts I decided to type the journalling on the computer and stick it over the top and it turned out really well.





3 comments:

  1. Well done Lindsey your both pages are beautiful.
    Lovely reminder for a lovely birthday, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good Lindsey both pages are so bright and colourful I love the banner .Is the "straight from the nest" a special cartridge for cutting banners?
    mom xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley - thank you : )
    Mum - no its just one that is on the cartridge its a really good one!

    ReplyDelete