Saturday, January 4, 2014

The amazing Christmas cake layout

Hello Happy Friday, I have another Christmas page today, this one is of the wonderful cake that Greg made, it was the best cake ever and I'm so proud of him, he's so clever so I had to scrapbook it and look forward to looking at it for years to come and thinking how great it was. Although I'm sure Greg will make lots of wonderful cakes from now on as well : )

I used some red card as my base then 3 different patterned papers all from a Recollections stack I got at Michaels before Christmas. I cut the font from my Paper Lace cartridge in green patterned paper. For the train I used the Folk Art Cartridge to cut the engine of the train then I made the carriages myself using shapes as I didn't have quite the right one on any of my cartridges. For the presents I hand cut them from a sheet of paper. I added a few heart stickers as well as a chalkboard heart sticker I had in my stash and I wrote my journaling on this. Have a nice weekend.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful page sweetheart, does my cake proud! love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page looks as good as the real Xmas cake, both clever cookies, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page really pays justice to the cake Lindsey love the little train across the bottom of the page .The photo's you have used are really lovely well done both of you xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete