Friday, January 17, 2014

Get Well Card


Hello Happy Thursday only 2 more days till the weekend which is good!

I have a card that I finished this morning it's for Greg's mom, who is having an operation on her back at the end of January so I took her off my blog list for this one so she doesn't see. I really like how this turned out. I started with a pink card and then a layer of light pink then purple. I put the purple through my hexagon embossing folder. I cut a strip of light pink and used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. I had a lot of leftover butterflies from my Valentines Day canvas so I decided to use them on his card. I scattered them across the card and glued them on. I stamped the sentiment with a My Favorite Things stamps set. I decided to decorate the inside as well as I've seen this done and think it finishes a card off nicely. I used a piece of the same purple then I cut a frame from Elegant Edges which had a butterfly cut out of it so it fit perfectly with the theme of the card. I also stamped a thinking of you sentiment from a Close to my Heart set.

2 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful card, inside and out. love hubby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovove all the little butterflies you punched out they,RE really pretty Lesley will love this beautiful card.xxx momxxx

    ReplyDelete