Friday, January 10, 2014

Greg's Valentine's card



Hello Thursday to you (or Friday for the mum's in Australia). It's snowing again outside and there was a chance tonight that if it was clear we could have seen a glimpse of the northern lights that happen every year in the northern hemisphere but it's very cloudy so we don't think so tonight. Anyway, I have a card that I am really proud of today to show you, I made this card for Greg for Valentines Day. It was also a challenge for me as I wanted to use what I had in my craft stash and my Cartridges rather than buy more things and I'm pleased as It turned out so cute. I wanted to try making an Easel card in a heart shape, I'd made a round one before but not a heart. So I went to my Cricut Craft Room and welded 2 hearts together from Art Philosophy at 5 inches to make the card, I then cut another one singular at 5 inches. I folded the card in half then folded back the bottom bit so the singular heart could be glued on top to make the easel. I cut this in black then cut 2 red hearts at 4 inches for the layers. I embossed one on a Cuttlebug folder and stuck that down. I then cut a tiny pink heart from my Nestabilities hearts set Greg got me for Christmas. I then stamped that with Be Mine from a Close to My Heart stamp set. I then went to my Teddy Bear Parade cartridge and cut out the cute cupid bear at 3 inches in all the layers, I think he's so sweet with his bow and arrow. I also stamped Valentine and love you in the middle of the card, What do you think? I know Greg will love it. Have a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. I think I have got the round easel card for Christmas and loved it. Greg will be over the moon it is ao pretty and I love it also. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ideas are always fantastic Lindsey , and this one is so creative I love the little teddy and the easel card is very clever .Greg will love his special card. xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete