Friday, February 3, 2012

Where Tradition Began

I have been working on this one most of the afternoon. Now the Cricut Craft Room is up and running there is so much you can do with it. I hope the picture came out ok as the light wasn't good at night. I used red card as the base and layered lots of patterned papers on it. I journalled some strips along the bottom. Now the fun part was using the online Cricut Craft room. I welded together a heart border in purple to match my dress. Then I used my Life's a party cartridge to cut out the font. I used the From my Garden cartridge for the roses and pot and put a ribbon bow on that. I used Everyday pop up cards to make the cute little heart shaped box of chocs and I found a LOVE fabric embellishment which I got years ago at a craft fair with mum and dad that I found in my stash! I also found a heart shaped pompom type embellishment in my stash to finish.


I

6 comments:

  1. How good is that box of chocolates! You can do anything now that you can use the CCR! (And i even made you Cricut wireless).The Rose & Pot are beautiful, lovely work! Great Stuff!!! looking forward to even more fantastic stuff now CCR is working! Love Hubby!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey you have everything up and running nicely now and looking forward to seeing many more. Having your own space makes a great difference. What Valentines day year is this one.
    Well thoughtout and presented lovely, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was 2009 Lesley, the same year we moved to Chicago, I still have 2010 to go yet when I did dinner here & poor Greg's knee was injured so that is next : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is really nice done, my dear Lindsey! Looks sp pretty!

    Hugs,
    *Christina*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Christina, glad you enjoy looking at it, hugs, Lindsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page is outstanding Lindsey , I really love the box of chocolates and the pot of roses you have certainly captured that special day on this page , I love your combination of papers they go so well together .well done another fantastic page xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete