Friday, February 3, 2012

The Food of Love

This page has been on the go for a couple of days. i was looking through my albums and I realised I hadn't scrapbooked our first Valentines day where we cook a special meal for each other. This tradition was started in 2009 with Greg making me a wonderful dinner and we've taken it in turns ever since. So I really wanted to start a Valentines Album and I went back to 2009 and scrapped the wonderful food Greg cooked me. I was struggling a little with my journalling. I'm not a fan of handwriting on pages for me as I like to use my computer but I was tired of the same black and white so my lovely husband saved the day and showed me some tricks with Publisher and I love how my journalling turned out. To start the page I started with some red love paper and used my Cricut Accent Essentials to cut a scalloped circle and regular circle, I used both parts of the circles on the page. For my title I used my design studio to make it go in a funny shape (which I love) and I matted the photos onto white. I used some paper embellishments and gemstones and a chipboard heart.




3 comments:

  1. The new Valentines Album is going to be very special Lindsey as this first page is so lovely I really like the way you have done the title and the way you have done the photo layout it all looks so interesting. well done xxxmom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey you will always remember Valentines day with this lovely layout, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work as always honey! Lovely colors and layout! I am very happy I staretd that tradition!! Love Hubby! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete