Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Birthday balloons

I finished this card this afternoon for my penpal Kia, I'm sure she will like this for her birthday coming up! I'm also going to enter it into the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge (Challenge Me Monday #99) this week! and the Cardz TV anything goes challenge

http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-me-monday-99.html
http://cardztv.blogspot.com/2012/02/cardz-tv-design-team-challenge-6.html

I cut the card from Wild Cards, I like the circle scalloped shape. I then cut a striped circle and also an orange one but cut some of the orange off for the bottom. I ran that through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss dots folder. I used the Celebrations cartridge to cut out the balloons and used my Peachy Keen face stamps to stamp on the cute little faces. I added twine for the balloon strings and some really nice striped ribbon across the join and also as a tie around the twine. I used a Hero Arts set of stamps I've had for ages to stamp the greeting and used some white gel pen to accent the eyes and make faux stitching on the balloons.



11 comments:

  1. super sweet card and I love your faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card sweetheart, the faces look great! Love Hubby!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week at CTS for challenge 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely fun card Lindsey, the faces on the balloons are really sweet the stitching round the balloons looks real not done with a pen (very good idea) I'll have to pinch that idea L.O.L.,
    your friend will love this very original card well done mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card should be the winner xxxx mom xxxx I looked at the competition and yours is the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute shaped card Linsey! I love the pretty twine, ribbon and cute little faces!! Nice job!
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable! Love the shape and those cute balloons with the adorable faces!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful card love the pastel colors and the shape. Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Cardz TV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsey I have just read your comments and you have some lovely remarks by friends. Lesley

    ReplyDelete