I made this card today for a birthday coming up but also I wanted to enter it in the CardzTV DT Challenge #5 Tickled Pink Challenge. The challenge is to create a project with pink as the primary colour. You can take a look here at the challenge and the entries.
http://cardztv.blogspot.com/2012/02/cardz-tv-dt-challenge-5-tickled-pink.html
I used a pink card and used a Martha Stewart Butterfly border punch along the edge. I matted on some striped paper and used my Cricut Everyday Pop Up Cards cartridge to cut out the flower box and flowers in layers. I used a few different shades of pink for the flowers and some gemstones to embellish. I added a fancy border across the planter box and cut out a pink label by hand and stamped Happy Birthday. I punched some holes and edged it with some scalloped edge scissors to fancy it up a bit and put some pink and white ribbon through. Such a nice, cute card, thanks for looking!
Lindsey that is a very pretty and bright card and the cut out butterfly edge is so nice as well, are you just working ahead now to have spares or is it for someone special, Lesley
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card honey, love the punched border! and your Cricut flower box!! Love hubby! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with us this week at Cardz TV Stamps. Great card.
ReplyDeleteVery nicely done! Thanks for joining CTVS!
ReplyDeletelovley card Lindsey , the butterfly border really adds a special touch. I looked at the cardstv.blogspot and if I was a judge you'd win , no competition so many interesting elements. xxx mom xxx
ReplyDeleteI posted a comment on here yesterday , I wonder why it hasn't shown up !!!
ReplyDeleteGreat card! Love the flower box and flowers. The butterfly border punch is great. Thank you so very much for joining our Tickled Pink challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove this . That is so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cardz TV Stamps “Tickled Pink” Challenge. Hope to see you again.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kate
What a beautiful card! I just love making cards! Love the flower box. It is one of my favorite cuts! Thank you for playing with us at CARDZTV!
ReplyDelete