Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentines Day tree

I've been working on this project this afternoon, I saw a similar idea just looking around but decided to make my own version for the Valentines Day table and as a nice decoration for the day. I'm also going to enter it into the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge for this week which is "Love in the Air" you can take a look here:
http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-me-monday-97.html

I collected some branches whilst walking the dogs today and put them in a red vase I had at home. I decorated the vase with some ruffled ribbon. I cut all of the decorations out of various Cricut Cartridges including Victorian Romance, Sweethearts, Opposites Attract and Life's a Party. I made the little banners on the hearts from Life's a Party too and customised it to my liking in the Cricut Craft Room. I stamped some greetings on those. I hot glued everything onto the tree some with bended paper clips, some directly onto the tree. I think this is so cute and I'm thrilled with it!




6 comments:

  1. How wonderful Lindsey and Valentines day is not far away now, Lovely enhancement for your table,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats beautiful honey, very special for our special day, can't wait for all of the surprises! Both yours and mine!!! I hope you win the competition!!! Love hubby!! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and very romantic idea Lindsey
    I love all the banners on the hearts and the little cherubs add such a special touch. I think you deserve to win the competition this is such a unique table centrepiece. well done xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute decoration, I like all the embellies you added to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea for a decoration! It's so festive and happy!
    Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely decoration and idea :)I hope you will win the challenge :) Annelen

    ReplyDelete