Monday, February 13, 2012

Menu for Valentines Day

I made the menu for Valentines Day this afternoon. I won't show the inside as the menu is a surprise. I used red cardstock and used Storybook to cut out the swirly mat layer which was resized to the size I needed in Craft room. I've been wanting to make one of these cute lollypops for ages so I thought it was cute on the menu. All you do is cut out a circle. Thread a needle with some bakers twine thread it through to the back and stick it down. on the front place a large glue dot in the middle to get it started with winding. Then glue tape all over the circle and start winding in a circular pattern until the whole circle is covered in twine and voila a swirly lollypop! I then punched a heart out of a scrap of glittery heart paper and stuck that in the middle. I stuck a lollypop stick in the back using hot glue and tied some ribbon around that and also through the holes in the middle of the menu. I used Cuttin Up to cut out the menu font. Looking forward to placing this on the table Tuesday ♥


2 comments:

  1. Lindsey how clever is that with the bakers twine,
    I love the front cover and will wait to see the print out after Valentines day, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a lovely way to start your special meal Lindsey ,I love the way you made the lollipop how clever is that:-) now I look forward to actually seeing what is on the menu. xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete