I finished this page today, I've been working on it over a few days when I've had some time. My lovely Greg saw an idea on a catalogue page and thought it might work for a scrapbook page, it's amazing where you can get inspiration from. In the catalogue it was a little bird holding up a strap on a handbag, it looked like he was flying with the handbag. So I did mine with a frame idea, like the bird is flying with the frame. It turned out quite well. These aren't traditional Valentines Day colours either because I wanted to find some paper with a tree or something on it to make it look like the bird was flying out of the tree. So after finding the paper in my stash I used my Cricut Wild Cards cartridge and the Craft room to cut out the orange frame. I used the Everyday cakes cartridge of Greg's (as he has the Cricut cake machine and the cartridges can also be used in the Cricut Expression) to cut out the bird in 2 layers. I was struggling to find a font I liked yesterday and Greg being the lovely man he is surprised me with another cartridge he'd bought a while ago and had put away, it's actually a Disney Pooh Font cartridge, it has 3 font's on it and this one fit perfectly. So I cut one out in black as the shadow and one for orange. I went over the detail in the orange with white gel pen. I used Microsoft Publisher to print journaling on a banner shape. I finished with an Love sticker at the top. I love how this turned out, not traditional Valentines colours but I think it worked well : )
Beautiful page honey (of course its of me...), your ideas from my idea have turned out beautifully! Lovely work!!! xoxox
ReplyDeleteI love the colours you've used on this page Lindsey, really pretty I think the colours in the photograph show up more against this colour,I really like the idea of the little bird holding up the frame very creative and the title is very "tweet" love it mom xxxx
ReplyDelete