Wednesday, May 20, 2015
A couple more Christmas cards
Hello Happy Tuesday, I'm still continuing to make my Christmas cards as we still think we are moving back to Australia at this stage so my plan is to get them made now as you would have read in my other blog post.
The first one I tried an on-trend technique at the moment which is foiling. I found a small roll of foil at Michaels on clearance so I thought I'd try it, I like how it looks but I probably wouldn't do it again, I'd just buy foil cardstock or paper as it's very fragile when applying it over double sided tape like I did here and you can have the issue like I did of when it doesn't quite transfer properly so I will just use up what I have but I managed to do what most crafters do and cover up where it didn't transfer so well and I covered that with a die cut. I added some green star patterned paper and some silver star borders as well. I used my circle dies and stamps to make the sentiment.
The second one I just love. I love the Martha Stewart cut and fold punches I bought a couple of months ago, the only problem was I was having trouble finding the two toned paper you need to use it with them. I had some that came with the punches but that won't last. So I was so happy to find some at Joann's on the weekend, I got 2 12 x 12 pads of it so I will make sure I am very frugal with it and use it wisely as I love these punches. So I used the punch to make the circle and mount it onto a red card I made 5 x 5 inches and I rounded the corners. I stamped a greeting and then stamped a little snowman (he's so cute!) and coloured him with my watercolor pencils and brush and he went in the middle. Thanks for looking, have a nice day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lovely cards honey! Your using new techniques all the time! love hubby! xoxox
ReplyDelete2 beautiful cards Lindsey . Love the new technique with the foil , and the sleigh is cute.
ReplyDeleteThe circle punch is gorgeous and very intricate love them both.xxx mom xxx
Two lovely cards and they look great, I have been cutting mine with a craft knife and they take ages and you put a square of coloured foil behind. Keep up the new ideas, Lesley.
ReplyDelete