Thursday, February 28, 2013

Point Sur Lighthouse

Hi, back with another scrapbook page on our trip to California last year. This one is of the Point Sur Lighthouse just near Monterey. We spotted it on our drive and we were lucky to be able to get a tour of it whilst we were there. We were also lucky as normally it's covered in fog and high winds but on our day we got a good view and no wind! I started with some light blue cardstock then some nice patterned paper from a K & Co stack my sweetie Greg got me when he was away. I used my Cricut Life's a Beach cartridge to cut out the lighthouse and the waves. For the title I used the Cricut Craft Room Basics font and welded them together, I added faux stitching. I do this a lot but I love the look of it. I used Straight from the Nest to cut out the yellow flowers in layers and added some pearls for the centres. I added a sentiment sticker and also some thick twine which I actually got in the bargain section at Michaels, It reminds me of nautical rope, I'll have to see if they have any more as I love it. I attached that with hot glue and cut out a label from Art Philosophy and completed my journaling on Publisher. Thanks for looking have a nice Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful page, love the lighthouse and the twine you used on the bottom!! love hubby!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely page with a lot of thought, keep up the good work, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun page! Love the waves, the lighthouse and the rope!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely "nautical" page lindsey the waves and the twine really add a nice touch to this page xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete