Hello happy Friday I am glad it's Friday and even gladder (if that's a word : ) that my hubby is home now and all is well, I missed him soooo much this week but he came home bearing lots of papercrafting goodies. In the evenings he went to Joann's, Big Lots and AC Moore and got some great bargains, most were 80% off especially at Joann's. It was like Christmas here and I've been looking through everything i have embossing folders, clear stamps, scrapbook albums and papers as well as some Disney stuff for my Disneyland pages. I'm so lucky to have a thoughtful hubby like mine, he tells me gets excited hunting for bargains for me awwww.
So last night whilst I was waiting for Greg to come home I started a couple of Easter cards and finished them today. I made them not too elaborate as they will be going in the mail. I used Art Philosophy to cut them at 4.5 inches and then added smaller plaid squares and then a scalloped blue circle on one and a green frame on the other all from Art Philosophy. I used Art Philosophy to cut out the eggs. For the first one I cut another layer underneath in lilac and then just added a scrap of green for the leaves and stem, I stamped and then added some white gel pen dots. For the other one I cut the egg and then some smaller dots in different colours for the egg. I used a tiny flower punch for the flowers and white gel pen for the centers. I love the colours, it does brighten up a dull, cold wintery day. Have a nice weekend.
Two very cute Easter cards, very hard to put too much enhancement on them when they are going threw the post. They sure enlighten you that Easter is not that far away, Lesley
ReplyDelete"gladder" is a good word to use Lindsey now you have hubby home .
ReplyDeleteI love these pretty colourful cards Lindsey they make you think of Spring,now I'm enthused to finish mine xxx mom xxx
Your eggs are so sweet, great scallop squares! Your Hubby is so sweet to hunt for crafting bargains for you! Mine came in the other day and said "I am scared because I know what the word embossing means" LOL I couldn't stop laughing!
ReplyDeleteCarri~Abusybee
lovely cards honey, very colorful and spring like! love hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteGreta cards, I like the spring-y colors!!
ReplyDelete