Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sew Special Cards

Good afternoon from snowy winter wonderland Chicago, I feel like I'm in a snowglobe in our apartment with snowflakes whizzing past the window, glad I am inside and warm and at home. On my quest to keep busy whilst Greg ♥ is away I made these two cards today using some gorgeous stamps and papers I got with my first issue of  Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine. It's a U.K magazine and I used to love getting it in Australia then I found out I could subscribe to it here so I'm glad I did. The stamps were a vintage sewing set and the papers were also had a vintage feel to it. I'm not normally a huge fan of vintage as I prefer modern day but I did love the vintage feel of these stamps and papers it reminded me of what would have been the simplicity of life years ago with more people sewed and did hobbies like needlecrafts.
For both of these cards I used the Cricut Craft room to make the cards and the layers, it's really great and fast to do it this way. For the first card I cut a 5 inch square card and then a blue layer. I then cut 4 rounded corner squares in two of the patterned papers. I stamped the sentiment on one. then for the others I stamped the thread holders and cut them out, I winded some twine around these. I added some buttons on the third square and for the fourth I used Artiste to cut out some little scissors. I added silver glitter gel pen on the scissors. To finish I added some pink ribbon and made a loopy bow.
For the second card I cut a 5 inch round scalloped card then 2 circle layers one in blue the other in one of the patterned papers. I ran the blue one through my dots Cuttlebug folder. I cut 2 more scalloped circles slightly smaller one in cream the other in blue dot. I cut some off the blue dot one and adhered it to the cream. I stamped the sentiment and then the sewing machine. I went around the sewing machine with silver glitter gel pen. To finish I added silver ribbon and a bow and I used a tiny flower punch for the flower with a pearl rhinestone.

3 comments:

  1. They are two very pretty cards and I like the sewing needs on both cards. A member of my CWA branch has that same set of stamps.
    I see her cards and your cards with the same stamps and it is a amazing how the ideas have been used differently by you both. Love them, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards honey, pretty colors, nice theme, love hubby xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew SWEET! Love the thread and button accents! :)

    ReplyDelete