Hello from a very cold and windy Chicago! As it's so horrible and cold here today I thought I would do another page on sunny California and our trip there last year. We found a lovely little strawberry farm on the way to Monterey so we stopped, it was so cute with lots of strawberry goodies as well as organic coffee, honey and other bakery items. We bought a strawberry shortcake which was so delicious, you could tell it was home-made. The store also worked on an honesty system which was so nice to see that people are still trusting people to be honest.
So this page started with a blue base and then I added a scrap of light plaid pattern paper and also some border strips, I bought this paper especially for this page for the strawberries, I remember it was only 20 cents from Michaels on clearance. I used a few cartridges for this page and all of them I used in the Cricut Craft Room. For the cute little truck I wanted to make it the same as in the photo so I used Just Because Cards for the truck and then Preserves for the strawberry. I wanted to put the yellow bits on the strawberry but knew a marker wouldn't work on the red so my lovely husband (I really love having him share his office with me as he is so helpful with suggestions) suggested I use yellow craft paint with a tiny paintbrush and this worked perfectly. For the font I used Preserves for the Strawberry word and then I used the Craft room font for surprise. I added journaling strips from Publisher and a Sweet sticker on top.
gorgeous page of a great day. love the little truck, so realistic! love hubby! xooxox
ReplyDeletegorgeous page Lindsey a nice bright page to brighten up a cold day in Chicago.I love the papers you've used and the little truck is very cute. xxx mom xxx
ReplyDeleteAnother very colourful page and lovely pictures, well thought out Lindsey, I expect to see more next week, Lesley.
ReplyDelete