Friday, February 22, 2013

Wax paper resist card

hello one more project for you today and that's it from me for today, it's almost time to get dinner and I think I'm all papercrafted out for today! I wanted to try another technique I just learned and it's called wax paper resist, it's so easy yet so pretty and I love it. I'll explain the technique at the end. I started with a blue card and then layered some maroon patterned paper. I cut a label shape from Art Philosophy in two sizes in the Cricut Craft Room both in maroon and white. I used a set of Stampendous stamps I've had for ages that I got on clearance from Michaels, I love this set as you can interchange the stems and flower heads. I stamped this in black and coloured using my Inktense pencils, I'm still practising using these but I was happy with the flower. I added some striped ribbon. I decided not to put a greeting on for now, I'll do that when an occasion comes up as this could be a birthday, get well etc card. Now for the fun part. I took a Darice Embossing Folder which was a pretty flower one and then put a sheet of regular waxed paper you buy from the supermarket in the folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug, it comes out embossed. Then I took a piece of white cardstock and put it underneath the waxed paper sheet and also one on top. I got my iron and ironed over it using a hot setting but with no water in it so no steam came out, I did this for a little bit to allow the impression from the waxed paper to melt. When it came out it had left a printed impression on the white card. I think got a Memento ink pad in Desert Sand and rubbed the ink all over it and as you can see the floral pattern appeared in white through the ink. I then took a paper towel and just took off the excess. I let it dry and voila a pretty patterned paper for my card. I really enjoyed this technique and look forward to trying it again. It's wonderful what you can do with things around the house - yesterday bleach, today waxed paper and an iron (I always knew my iron was capable of more fun things hehe) Have a nice evening.

4 comments:

  1. That is wonderful idea, I had some cards given to me this week for CWA to send to any member not well, as I am now the card secretary and they look just like that and now I know how they are done. I like your card it is very tasteful in design and colour. Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's bloody clever honey, the flower pattern looks really good on the paper, that's a great technique! You are putting those embossing folders to good use that I got you!! Love hubby!! Xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried wax paper. Results are cool! :)

    ReplyDelete