Hello again here is another project I started last night and finished today. I saw a great idea on another blog, the person had made a cute teddy bear card and he was holding a heart with a chocolate in the middle, I found out that the teddy was from a digital Cricut cartridge but the cartridge was $9.99 for just 4 images and I really only liked the teddy bear so I decided to come up with something similar of my own using cartridges I already have and I found this cute Koala bear on Create a Critter. This was even more perfect as we're both from Australia so I know my Valentine Greg will love the little Koala. So I went into the Cricut Craft Room and welded two Koalas together to make a card and cut it out in grey. I then cut out just one koala in black but used the software to cut it as a shadow so there were no eyes, mouth or nose cut so that went on the back. I then used Art Philosophy to cut out the hearts, I stretched them in the craft room to make it a bit wider so he could hold the heart and I added my own faux stitching with white gel pen. I cut a banner from Art Philosophy and stamped Be Mine.
As for the chocolate we decided not to give out chocolates for Valentines as we're dieting and some of Greg's cake will be our treat that day but I could not let the Koala be empty handed : ) so I walked up to Target today (it was sleeting and freezing and very icy on the ground but Greg is worth it!) and got these cute Dove hearts that are dark chocolate (which is good for you a little each day!). Isn't he cute? He's going to sit at Greg's place setting on Valentines breakfast which i am cooking, thanks for looking.
That is a great idea a perfect aussie koala I am sure he will love that, Lesley
ReplyDeleteGreg will love this Lindsey it's so "aussie" and perfect for Greg, I love the face on the cute koala you've put so much work into this
ReplyDeletecard well done xxx mom xxx