Friday, March 1, 2013

You take the cake

Hello I have a Valentines Day page today I took a break from California scrapbooking as there are so many lovely pictures still to scrapbook I was getting a bit overwhelmed so I decided to do my Valentines Day photos and then go back to California. I recently bought a sheet of combo stickers from the Bo Bunny Love Letters collection. I've had my eye on these for a while purely because of the sticker I used on this page (You take the cake) as I knew it was perfect for my cake making hubby. So I started with some red holographic cardstock I got from Michaels, a bargain at only 29 cents. Then I added 2 strips of patterned paper, this is actually the same sheet of paper as it was doublesided, it was an oldie but a goodie of Doodlebug sweet cakes that I've had for a while, again I was saving it for Greg's cake photo. I added various stickers on the page as I loved the sayings. I cut my balloon from Create a Critter as it matched the balloon on the little fondant bear Greg made for the cake, I added some white twine for the string. For the label I cut this from Holiday Frames and Tags and printed my journaling, I used a large heart punch as well on the tag. I added some ribbon and a pink staple and two heart pins as well as a strip of the same ribbon Greg used on the cake down the bottom. Valentines Day is probably my favourite thing to scrapbook and I love this page as I love the photo of Greg and his amazing cake.

5 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful page Lindsey and very fitting for such a fantastic cake I love all the sayings Lindsey and the balloon is so cute. Greg is an amazing cake maker he has such creativity. great job.xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake was certainly amazing and yes it was a lovely photo of Greg and you have put a lot of creative thoughts into this page. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a lovely page, amazing cake for an amazing Wife! love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful page and the cake looks great :) Love the heart balloon, fit perfect to this layout :) Annelen

    ReplyDelete