Friday, February 22, 2013
Easter chick
Good morning, I have a little card I made last night, I tried out a new technique which I really love and who would have thought bleach would make an appearance in papercrafting! I learned about bleaching recently and thought I would try it. This card is for my friend Claudy who loves chicks at Easter so I decided to make this for her. I started with a premade purple card, then I used a Sizzix border embossing folder my lovely hubby got me for when he was in Massachusetts recently, it's so pretty and reminds me of Spring which I really need reminding of now with the cold. So I ran that through my Cuttlebug and then used some Flower Soft in the centres of each flower. I used my Cricut (Art Philosophy) to cut out the circle and scalloped circle. I stamped my little chick in Versamark and embossed with black sparkle embossing powder heated up. Bleaching works best (so I learned) on similar coloured card to what you want your image to look like colored (hope I make sense) so I chose yellow as the chick is yellow. All you do is dip a little paintbrush in some household bleach and "color in" the areas you want so as you can see the chick is lighter in some parts. I then dried it again with the heat gun to speed up the drying process. I stamped Happy Easter to finish. I'm pretty happy for my first go a this but I do need an anti-static pocket. I did read that dryer sheets work and I tried that but still got some stray bits of embossing powder on the card. I found a great tutorial that shows you how to make your own anti static pocket really inexpensively using old pantyhose and baby powder, so baby powder is on my shopping list for this week : ), have a happy Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats really clever honey using bleach almost as a water color technique!! Very nice! love ya lots xooox
ReplyDeleteI love the embossed flowers on the blue card stock. The chick is soooooooo very cute as well, Your friend Claudy will love it. Lesley
ReplyDelete