Thursday, November 29, 2012

Merry Woofmas


Hello everyone I am really pleased to be able to show you something I made today, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do any crafting today due to my injured thumb but I surprised myself and it helped get my mind off the nasty pain. So here is an item I re purposed or up cycled. I saved this Applesauce jar a while back and thought I could fill it with dog treats for one of the dogs, Ginger, I walk for Christmas. I had some Burlap I bought a while back last time we took a trip to Joanns and I decided to use that to wrap around my jar, I hot glued that in place. I used my Cricut (Artiste) to cut out the label. I printed the greeting in Publisher on green and then used Create a Critter to cut out the cute dog in 2 layers. I used Joys of the Season to cut out the little Santa hat. I hot glued these onto the side and cut a 2.25 inch circle from a scrap of striped paper for the top. Inside are some dog treats but I need to buy a few more. Trader Joe's have some dog treats shaped like Gingerbread men usually at Christmas and I know Miss Ginger loves these, so I must add these to my shopping list.

4 comments:

  1. fabulous job honey! miss Gingy will love it!! love hubby xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch...hope your thumb feels better! I love your sweet pup gift! And that you upcycled a jar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're thumb is feeling less painful Lindsey, You made a great job of this very creative and a clever way of recycling that jar Ginger will love the treats well done, nothing stops you with your craetive magic Lindsey xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey that looks good and the spoilt recipient will really enjoy the doggie treats. Lesley

    ReplyDelete