Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cards for the nursing home

Hello everybody, I wanted to show you 2 cards I finished this morning. I decided to make some cards for the nursing home where my Nanna's long time partner used to live before he passed away just recently. Last year I did the Caring Hearts Card Drive here and sent some cards to the organizer to give out to the residents at nursing homes all over America. I'm still doing that this year and have an envelope ready to send : ). However it got me wondering whether the nursing home where my Nanna's partner lived in Australia would appreciate some nice handmade cards to give out to their residents as you always hear how the people in the homes love to get a card as many of them are lonely so I sent them an email yesterday asking them if I could do this and they were delighted : ) so here are 2 I have done and I hope to do a few more before I mail off the envelope. These basically just used up scraps of cardstock, papers and stickers. The Noel one used scraps and the Noel is actually a stamp and I went over it in glitter gel pen to make it sparkle, it actually looks a bit like lights! The other one used scraps as well as the Santa being stamped in red and coloured in with a bit of black for the accents and then I put glitter on him too as well as a 3D rubbery sort of greeting. Hopefully more cards to come this week. Have a nice day.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea and beautiful cards to send someone lonely at Christmas! I bet they treasure these more than some of your friends who get these wonderful hand made cards of yours! Love Hubby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a beautiful idea Lindsey.and such a thoughtful thing to do, you have a very caring heart Lindseyxx
    The residents of the nursing home will really love recieving such a special card. love mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey that is a lovely thought and they are so sweet with the meaning of Christmas and they will always remember who santa is. I never knew that Norm passed away. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely and how thoughtful of you to do this.Hubby's right,they will be treasured.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete