Monday, January 19, 2015

Mothers Day Card

Hello I'm back with another card I have decided to make a lot of my cards for the year in advance because once we sell our apartment I may not have time to make them so in order for the people I like to make cards for to get them I'd like to have them ready.

I made this one for Greg's mum for Mothers Day. I am so pleased with this one. I was looking through my Papercraft Inspirations magazine that I subscribe to from the U.K digitally and they had a lovely card in there using acetate as the front. So I was keen to have a go. I cut a piece of kraft brown cardstock 5 x 6 inches, I scored at 1 inch from the top and folded that down. I then cut a piece of 5 x 5 acetate and glued that to the underside so the front panel of the card is acetate. I added a strip of kraft card along the bottom and used a butterfly punch (Martha Stewart). I added some ribbon around the bottom of that. I stamped Happy Mothers Day in Versamark ink at the top and embossed with white powder. The stamp is from Close to My Heart. For the middle I cut 2 rectangles and then stamped butterflies (Unity Stamps) in Versamark and then white embossed. I noticed that the white embossed on Kraft card is a trend lately so I've followed this trend : ). I stuck the rectangle onto the kraft card so it wouldn't show through the acetate. I added 2 small gemstones and stamped a sentiment on the back which is where I will write on the card.

3 comments:

  1. really pretty card honey, love hubby xoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card Lindsey , love the addition of the acetate. Lesley will really like it. Well done. Xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen anything like this! It's beautiful. <3Kim

    ReplyDelete