Hello thought I would share a card I made today for my friend Christina, we swap a card a month and each month we take it in turns choosing a theme. It was Christina's turn this month so she gave me the choice of a beach theme, dolphin theme or a black and white theme. So I decided as it was summer to combine the beach and dolphin theme together. This turned out really cute. I designed it on my Cricut Explore. I started with a premade DCWV blue card then I used one of the cards from "Life's a Beach", except I cut the other half of the card off and just used the front. The card had a palm tree already attached and I just cut out the other layers. The waves are also from "Life's a Beach" and I inked on the edge of this using blue Distress Ink. The Circle is cut from "Simply Sweet", I used my Cricut to write the greeting and I accented the stitching around the tag with the same pen I wrote with. The Dolphin is cut from "When I was a kid". I added some Perfect Pearls powder to add a bit of glitz to the sand at the bottom of the tree and the coconuts. I'm going to enter this into the summer challenge over at Bitten by the Bug 2 here.
Lovely card, very tropical, reminds me of Cooya Beach! Love hubby! xxxoooxxx
ReplyDeleteGood idea to work with a friend and choose different themes, well done on this one, Lesley
ReplyDeletea really nice summer card Lindsey love the dolphin and the cocnuts on the palm tree. I'm sure you'll see lots of these in Cooya Beach.xxx mom xxx
ReplyDeleteLove the jumping dolphin! Super cute summer card! Thanks for joining BBTB2
ReplyDeleteAwesome card! LOVE that sentiment - goes PERFECT with your scene! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2 this week!
ReplyDeleteEmily
Mollie's Motif
Very cute! Thanks for joining the BBTB2 challenge!
ReplyDelete~Laura
Please follow me @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com
What fun to swap cards with your friend. You picked a fun theme and did a great job on your card. Love the palm tree and dolphin scene. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
ReplyDeleteGreat card! Love the dolphin, palm tree and the whole ocean scene. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Summer Fun' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou ailed the challenge. Great card. Thanks for joining Bbtb this week
ReplyDeleteMaureen