Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Felt Mug Hugs



Hello from rainy Chicago but the good news is summer will be back towards the end of this week. I saw a tutorial on YouTube this morning on how to make these lovely little mug hugs from felt and also how to stamp on felt so I thought I would try it. This one is just a test piece as I need to practice my blanket stitch a bit but I don't do anything to be judged it's all fun and I will perfect it before I maybe make them for gifts. It was very easy to do and stamping on felt is good, you just need an ink pad that is good to stamp on fabric such as StazOn and then you dry it for a bit with a heat gun to make sure it's set before you colour in with your markers. I used 2 different Hero Arts stamp sets for this, one was for the snowman, one was for the sentiment. After stamping the snowman and coloring him I cut him out by hand. The tree was actually cut on my Cricut, but first I ironed on some fusible paper to stiffen it and so I could use it on my Cricut. I decorated with some sequins on one tree. I want to make some more now but am out of felt so if it's not raining tomorrow evening or the next day we'll go to Michaels so I can get some more. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. very clever honey, i love it more than the knitted ones. looks great for your first go at using felt for these. love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely idea Lindsey and a perfect gift for some one uuumm I wonder who L.O.L.. Mug hugs are so good and this one is fantastic xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this too! I'm definitely going to try it! Great holiday gifts!

    ReplyDelete