Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hello Kitty Card

Hello a quick post from me this evening before I go and drink my sleep tea and go to bed. I made this very cute Hello Kitty card for my friend Christina who loves Hello Kitty. It's her birthday in August so I decided to do this now as I'll need to post her a little gift and this card before we go on our trip.

I started with a DCWV pre made pink card and then another layer of light pink that had a nice scalloped edge at the bottom and a grey spotted strip. I did everything in the Design Space for my Cricut Explore. I added some crochet ribbon which Christina actually had sent me for my birthday. I added some cute bow buttons I found in my box (to which I cut off the shanks or rather my lovely husband did). I cut a label from Lacy Labels and used my pens in my Cricut to write my own greeting. Now for the best part. I haven't got the Hello Kitty cartridge and I checked Cricut who said it's not available and also some other places, one place said it was $300 for the cartridge, no way am I paying that and there is no access to it in the Design Space so I typed free Hello Kitty SVG file into Google and I found this, so I was so happy as I could upload it to the Cricut, didn't it turn out cute? There were lots of layers to cut but it was worth it and I know Christina will like her birthday card.

5 comments:

  1. A very cute card you made your friend and I liked the bright colors, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina will love this bright happy card Lindsey all the colours you've used and the crochet ribbon make it a very pretty card. xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, very cute! the detail cuts of the explore are amazing! love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, stunning detail, the explore cuts so intricate! love hubby! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete