Saturday, April 19, 2014

Some cards and a gift bag




Hello Happy Easter, it's almost Easter. I wish it was a holiday here but we've got the weekend to look forward to and soon we'll go out and walk Ivy, it's a nice sunny afternoon and meant to be a lovely Spring weekend and up to 21 degrees (Celsius) on Sunday.

I've been making thank you cards to send to family and friends that send me birthday cards and gifts. I think it's nice to send a card as well as just saying thank you. I made these today. All of the cards are patterned cards I bought in a box from TJ Maxx a few weeks ago. The first one was a yellow strip embossed with a border embossing folder and then I stamped a border on white in yellow ink. I cut the sentiment out of a 12 x 12 sheet of Pebbles Sunnyside up paper.

The second one I cut out a square of dotted paper on Art Philosophy and one out of white watercolor paper. My friend Conny sent me this cute Forever Friends bear stamp a while ago, I love Forever Friends so i'm glad I got chance to use it. I used my watercolor pencils to color him in.

The third one I used my clouds embossing folder and then I used my chalks to chalk in blue around the clouds. I then went around my clouds with a silver gel pen to give them a silver lining as every cloud has a silver lining : ). I stamped two birds on the embossed piece then again on white card and I colored them in with makers and cut them out and placed them over the stamped images. I added some twine and then another sentiment cut from the same sheet as card #1.

The last thing is a gift bag for Greg, I got him a little Easter gift to go with his chocolate. I had some mini brown bags I got from Target for $1 and I decorated it with a scalloped circle in dot paper from Art Philosophy, then another jagged circle from the Easter cartridge in dot paper (both were scraps from my box). I then stamped the cute bunny he was only $1 from Joann's and I colored him with colored pencils. I stamped a greeting on the side.

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful selection of cards Lindsey and very thoughtful of you to make "thank you" cards. The little gift bag is lovely and Greg is sure to love his special surprise .xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cards, bag is best (its for me!!) love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all very cute little thank you cards and very thoughtful too,
    Greg will love is bag, Lesley

    ReplyDelete