Tuesday, April 22, 2014
2 cards made using Gelatos
Hello Happy Monday I hope you had a nice Easter, we had a lovely Easter and some lovely warm weather too so we were out enjoying it. We had a little chocolate treat yesterday too and that was nice.
I tried my new Gelato pens today, they are more like crayons and fun to use. I got them with a discount at Michaels on the weekend and thought I would try them.
The first one I stamped a daisy in Versamark ink and embossed with clear powder onto white card. I then rubbed the Gelato's all over it and smudged with my fingers. I then took a baby wipe over the top of it to take off some of the color and reveal the stamp more. They give sort of a watercolor look. I then stamped my greeting in black on the top right corner.
The second one I got some watercolor paper and used the Gelato's all over it. I then got one of my embossing folders and sprayed water on it and embossed the watercolor sheet through my Cuttlebug, it gave a nice effect. For the flower and label they were white canvas stickers to which I inked over them and then stamped my greeting. So all new techniques here. I don't think you should ever stop learning and it was fun to do.
Thanks for looking today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
very pretty cards, always good to learn new techniques! love hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteI think that is a wonderful new technique you tried and keeping your card making very interesting. I like both cards and they look very soft and pretty, Lesley
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely technique Lindsey so pretty and colourful with adds a real soft touch to the cards ,very nice edition to your endless creativity.
ReplyDeletexxx mom xxx