Friday, April 4, 2014

Altered Easter tin

Hello Happy Thursday I have another project today for Easter. Last night I made us a cup of tea and I had 2 tea bags left to use from a tin and I thought rather than throw away the tin, I could upcycle it and turn it into a gift. I saw a saying the other day on a stamp it said "I love to make pretty things even if no one cares", I think that's true. I often wonder whether to make things for people (do they appreciate it) but if I thought that I'd never make anything, so I'm going to keep making things.

This is what the tin looked like before:

and this is what the tin looks like now:


I took the label off and then used some Goo gone to get the sticky residue off the tin. I covered the tin in a piece of spotted Spring looking paper. I then cut a rabbit at 1.5" from my Easter 2010 cartridge. I used a stamp set to stamp the tag onto some pink cardstock using pink ink and another stamp set to stamp the greeting. I added a border from my stash around the tin and some pink twine. I filled the tin with some mini Easter eggs. I'm going to give this to Ivy's mum Tanya for Easter. Our favorite girl Ivy will get some homemade Easter biscuits because we love her so much! It's fun to see what you can upcycle, I am really pleased with my little Easter tin. Thanks for looking today.

4 comments:

  1. very cute tin! i want one too! love hubby! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous what you can do with recycled containers that has come up so cute, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love this tin Lindsey what a great idea so creative and well done love it xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete