Friday, April 11, 2014

From the heart

Hello Happy Thursday, I have a page today that I've had waiting to finish for a while. It's from Valentines Day this year and the fabulous cake my very talented hubby made. There is a story behind it. I originally ordered some little roses from Ebay from a seller in China, I ordered them back at the start of March and I never got them and no response from them either so Ebay refunded my money so my clever hubby Greg suggested I make some on my Cricut instead, so I did and I think they are even better than the ones on Ebay.

Anyway I started with a sheet of love paper I had in a Recollections stack from Michaels I got around Valentines Day. I then cut some corners from a piece of striped paper from the same stack and put those on 2 of the corners. The title is cut from my Stamping Cricut Cartridge sized on the CCR in red. I used some stickers both from Echo Park and Doodlebug. I cut the vase from Walk in my Garden and the flowers were cut from Flower shop and rolled. I cut the stems freehand. I added scraps of red lace to go on the vase. For the journalling I had a sticker I didn't really like from the Echo Park sheet so I stuck it on some red card and cut it out, I then printed my journalling on red and stuck that over the top so I was able to make use of a sticker I didn't like and turn it into journalling. I added a scrap of hearts ribbon from my stash. Thanks for looking today.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful page sweetheart! replicated my cake wonderfully! love hubby!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clever idea with the roses, they look good on your creative page,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page Lindsey love the whole layout and the embellishments you,ve used. That cake was absolutely amazing and the roses were just perfect you,re such a talented team love it mom xxxxx

    ReplyDelete