Thursday, July 4, 2013

Flower pot thank you card


Hello hope you're having a nice day, I am not feeling too well with this cold but I'm looking forward to the holiday here tomorrow and Greg is off work and no dog walking for me so a nice day for us. I made this card this morning for Tanya who owns Ivy the beautiful Great Dane pup whom Greg and I adore. It's a thank you card to say thank you to Tanya for being so kind and making me a pot of chicken soup yesterday when I told her I was sick and unable to walk Ivy at 3pm. Greg went and picked it up for me and she had made the soup along with some pasta to put in and some crackers as well as a lovely card from her and Ivy, so sweet and very thoughtful so I thought a card was in order.
I'd seen these flower pot cards for a while on Pinterest and decided to try one. The flower pot is just cut by hand and pretty simple then edged with scallop scissors. The insert is just the same cut into a rectangle, I stamped that and then added a glittery spot layer to the pot. The flowers were cut on my Cricut using Flower Shoppe at 2 inches in layers and the leaves at 1.25 inches, I drew some veins on the leaves. I added some buttons for the flower centres and a ribbon around the whole card to tie it all together. I'll go for a walk later with Greg and we'll go to the Godiva chocolate shop and I'll put a small box of chocolates with this. Have a nice day.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card sweetheart, it looks really beautiful. The bow is extremely well done also! :-) Love hubby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely idea with the card in the the flower pot, very creative card, bright and pretty. Very thoughtful of Tanya to make you chicken soup. Get better quickly, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. a really beautiful and thoughtful card Lindsey, Tanya will really love this I love the flowers with button centres >I hope you're feeling 100% better now mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete