Saturday, July 27, 2013
Teapot coasters
Hi everyone Happy Friday, I have something different than papercrafts today, I made some little teapot coasters for my friend Claudy for her birthday coming up in September. I made some chalkboard teapots a while back and they were bigger. These ones I ordered were smaller so I asked Greg for some ideas and he suggested coasters, great idea! I used Mod Podge to stick some scrapbook paper to the teapots as they were raw chipboard. I went over them with Mod Podge a few times again to give them a good hard glaze. I went around the outside with a brown ink pad to make them look a bit distressed. I then used my Love you a Latte cartridge to cut out the teatime scallop at 2". I placed some white paper behind to make the tea time stand out, I then Mod Podge those on and over the top. I'm going to leave them to dry overnight and do some more glazing over the weekend. They turned out quite cute, I'm sure Claudy will enjoy them. Have a nice weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How good is that Greg guy!!!!! They look wonderful honey, a nice hand made addition to any home! Love hubby! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThey look really great and a very useful idea, I am sure Claudia will love them, Lesley
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely gift Lindsey and so useful. and a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI love my blackboard teapot it has been very useful for my daily "lists".
xxx mom xxx