Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Christmas in July card

Hello again with one more post for today. I made this Christmas card for some Christmas in July challenges. I'm going to link them up to these blogs:

CardzTv
My Craft Spot
Exploring Cricut

I used a green card and then some red patterned background paper. I used my new Artbooking cartridge to create the brick background at 5", it reminds me of Santa's chimney! I used a scrap of red dotty paper and then used Artbooking again to cut out "Believe" It was cut at 1.5". I cut a scalloped circle at 3" from my Art Philosophy cartridge and then used my Scandinavian Christmas cartridge to cut out Santa, he was cut out at 2.5" in the Cricut Craft room. I used some Perfect Pearls to highlight his beard, coat and the ends of his sleeves and some Ranger glossy accents for this buttons. Hope you enjoy my festive card - Merry Christmas in July!


10 comments:

  1. lovely xmas card honey, very striking!! love hubby! xoxox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!! Love your Santa!! And the bg is wonderful. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Christmas' challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas in July has become very popular now, the background paper does look like chimney paper, well done, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Santa and the effect of the perfect pearls look great on Santas beard, I hope you win the challenge' love it mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Christmas card! The Santa is awesome and love the "believe" font!
    Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot's Christmas in July challenge!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card!! That brick background is fabulous - and does look like a chimney! The word art is a wonderful touch on your card too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool background from Artbooking! I'll definitely investigate that cart-thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing with us at Exploring Cricut:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Lindsey! Thanks for sharing with us at Exploring Cricut :)
    Liz O.

    ReplyDelete