I'm really pleased I got this finished this morning. Greg is downstairs sorting out our storage cages so I thought I would take the opportunity to finish my wreath and work on my other Valentines Day projects. When I'm finished I'll take us some lunch and a cup of tea down there and help him. I made this as a decoration in our apartment for Valentines Day. I saw an idea with a round wreath on a blog and decided to try to make a heart shaped one for the day. I found a styrofoam heart wreath at the craft shop and also bought 2 packets of Valentines cupcakes wrappers. First I wrapped the whole wreath in red ribbon, then I got my hot glue gun out (and scaled my fingers a few times but worth it!) and after folding the cupcakes and gathering them up like a flower stuck them all over the wreath until it's nice and full. I worked in sections to allow it to dry properly then went back later and filled in any gaps. Whilst at Joann's yesterday I found a cute little kit that had foam die cuts to make little photo frames, I knew this would be perfect as the decoration for the front of the wreath. So I put that together with a photo of us from St Lucia when we renewed our vows and hot glued it on the front. I hot glued and pinned some ribbon on the back for hanging. I'm not sure where I will hang it in our apartment yet but I have a couple of ideas but I"m really happy with it and can't wait to see what Greg thinks on Valentines Day ♥
Lindsey that is really different and looks great, it is marvelleous what you can do with cup cake papers.Lesley
ReplyDeleteThat is so beautiful Lindsey and so creative I never thought so much could be made from cup cake wrappers. Did it take you very long to make it? well done xxx mom xxx
ReplyDelete