Saturday, January 14, 2012

Birthday candles

I started this yesterday and finished it today, it's great because now I have my craft room I can leave things and just do bits and pieces of projects when I have time. I made this for a birthday coming up in February. I made a white card base and then matted some brown dotty paper and some cupcakes paper onto that with ribbon over the top. I cut out a scalloped circle in 2 sizes and also 2 regular circles in different sizes from my Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge. I ran the brown circle through my Cuttlebug and used my Cupcake embossing folder (I love that so cute). I had a Happy Birthday tile so I put that on the two smaller circles. I got some birthday candles at Target yesterfday and thought it would be good on a card. I tied 3 together using some twine and put a bow on top. I do like this card it's very much a birthday card with the candles and cupcakes!



3 comments:

  1. That is a different idea using real candles Lindsey very creative, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Lindsey I like the way you have tied in the cupcake paper with the cup cake embossing, the candles are a great novel idea . whoever recieves this is really going to love it. xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card honey, love the candle idea! (If you ever make your mother one, you will need a mauch bigger card for all of those candles :-) ) Love hubby!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete