I made this birthday card today, I did want to continue on with my scrapbooking but I'm having a problem with my Cricut software so I thought I would make this in the meantime. I used a black card and some yellow floral backing paper as well as a red floral cardstock border. I used my Cricut Paisley cartridge to cut out the dress but cut it half way down as I didn't need the bottom skirt part. I then got a cupcake wrapper and trimmed and folded it to make it look like a skirt. I used some black and white adhesive ribbon for the belt and a daisy for the belt buckle and a little silver heart on top of the bodice. I stamped Happy Birthday in black ink. I am really pleased with this, it just goes to show that things around the house can have a use in papercrafting! : )
Lindsey that is very lovely and I love your cup cake paper idea, a very attractive card. who is the lucky recepient, Lesley.
ReplyDeleteLovely card sweetheart, very very clever using the cup cake wrapper, thats a really beautiful card! One of your best! Love Hubby! xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteVery creative and clever Lindsey, the little dress is so pretty with the cupcake skirt. I'd be very tempted to keep this one for myself it's so good. love mom xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks, I love it, it's so easy and yet so cute!
ReplyDelete