Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentines Dachshunds

I've been working on this one over a few days as it took me a while to get things just how I wanted them but I'm really happy with the end result! : ). I originally started with a square card but then I couldn't fit in the dogs and the tree so I've decided to use the square card for possibly another Valentines for Greg. He told me the other day when we went shopping that he has got 2 cards for me as he couldn't decide lol, so I think he might get 2 as well, what the heck and spoil him as I love him lots. Ok so this card was a long card in white then matted with red and a kraft brown colour. I used some fancy scissors to cut out the blue sky and got a piece of green paper and cut snips in it to resemble grass. I then had a cloud die cut from a scrapbooking sheet so that was just right for the sky and onto that I layered I ♥ U. I used my Cuttin Up catridge for the I and U and used a large heart punch for the heart. I also used the same punch for the heart between the dogs and glued them together to create a 3D heart. I used my Paisley cartridge to cut out the gorgeous little Dachshunds which I then decorated. The boy dog has a blingy collar with rhinestones and the girl a flower sticker and a bit of silvery twine for her collar. I cut the tree from my Serenade cartridge and used some little flower beads on that. I finished with some green and white bakers twine around the bottom. I love this and I know Greg will too : )


2 comments:

  1. Lindsey that is sooooooooooo cute and I am sure you will make your man happy.Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very cute card Lindsey, love the little Dachshunds, Greg's going to love this. xx mom xx

    ReplyDelete