Wednesday, August 6, 2014

my first Christmas card

Hello I am back after a while. I went on a lovely holiday with Greg to the Dominican Republic and we had a great time, I will scrapbook the photos soon but I've been pretty sick the past week and this was the first thing I've made since coming back. I joined the Peachy Keen Stamp of the month club and I was really pleased with the July set it was a Christmas in July theme so I decided to make a card using them. It's also August now so it's a good chance to get started on Christmas cards. I love the Peachy Keen faces they are so cute and make everything cuter. The club also gives you a free SVG file along with the stamps so I cut them out my Explore and then stamped them and colored them in. I've been practicing using colored pencils and a blending stump dipped in mineral spirits and I like it : ). I found a sheet of bling at Joann's and cut them into strips. I also used a Fiskars border punch on the bottom and a Verve Stamp. I put the baubles and garland on 3D dots. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. lovely card, those stamps are so cool. love hubby! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Lindsey I love the bling, the stamps are so pretty and very well coloured in. Nice to hear you're back on the road to recovery. xxxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home but sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Your Christmas card is adorable. I'm inspired to start mine now. TFS. <3 kimberly

    ReplyDelete