Friday, August 8, 2014

2 cards...a Hello card and a Christmas card


Hello I have 2 cards today that I have made this week. The first one is a Christmas card again using my Peachy Keen stamp set I got in July, I love these stamps. This card took a while to make so it will go to someone I know will love it and appreciate the time it took to make it. I started with a brown kraft 5.5" square card and then I added a white glitter card layer then a red layer. I did everything on the Cricut Explore and cut my garland and speech bubbles from the image library. I saw some cute speech bubbles stamps on Ebay the other day but then I thought I could do the same thing with my Cricut pens. So I just cut the speech bubble and wrote the sentiments with my Cricut pens. I made it look like the Elves were singing a Christmas Carol. I cut the SVG files for the 2 elves on my Cricut (they came with the stamp set) and then stamped on those and coloured with colored pencils and mineral spirits. I stamped the music notes as well. I used a sentiment from the set to stamp on the inside. I added some glitter glue to the pom poms on the Elves hats and Crystal effects to make the red holly berries shine.

For the second card I made a card for my friend Christina, we swap a card each month and this month the theme was to either use a bird on a card or some patterned paper so I chose the patterned paper. Mary at CardzTV made a great card the other day you can see it here so I decided to do that and made a pink card and some scraps of dotted paper. I cut a label on my Explore (I think it was from Elegant Edges) and a cute flower that I got as a freebie from Miss Kate's Cuttables. I wrote my own sentiment using the Explore on a banner from Art Philosophy and stamped a Peachy Keen face. I think it turned out really cute and nice.

Thanks for looking and sorry for the light on the photos hope you can still see it ok.

2 comments:

  1. Two very cute creative cards, I liked them both, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 really beautiful cards Lindsey and so creative the "hello" card is gorgeous and so pretty.
    The christmas card is so special and the holly and musical notes add a lovely touch . I've missed your blog Lindsey it's nice to see you back again xxx mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete